Work comp supervisor/manager
Altamonte Springs, FL
Senior level claims position to oversee a unit of 5-8 people and their respective caseloads. Oversee all aspects of file handling on pending claims which includes: facts of loss, coverage analysis, investigation, negligence/compensability/liability determinations, damage assessment and coordination of medical care as appropriate.
Approve and monitor litigation management, settlement negotiations, and appropriate use of vendor table. Establish and approve reserves as needed. Ability to attend conferences, client meetings, mentor adjusters and assist management as requested. Ensure files assigned to the unit are handled within state statutes, Client Claims Handling Guidelines and Best Practices. Other miscellaneous duties as assigned, which may include travel.
Education / Licensing:
- High School Diploma, college degree preferred.
- Must have 10+ years of overall claims experience handling workers compensation claims.
- Must have 5+ years Claims Supervisory experience overseeing workers compensation claims.
- Must be eligible for reserve/payment authority level of $100, 000+ (where client appropriate).
- Must possess, or have the ability to obtain a Florida Adjuster’ s license or other required jurisdictional licensing.