This is a staff position involved in providing underwriting support for the underwriter. The Underwriter Technician reviews less technical endorsements, property inspections, failed inspections, renewal questionnaire referrals and related correspondence.
- Complete daily assignments for new and renewal business in a paperless environment.
- Review property applications and related documents to confirm eligibility, insurance to value and rate factor verification.
- Refer policies needing underwriting action to underwriter for review/decision.
- Complete action on items referred by underwriter.
- Effectively manages work items in compliance:
- Time/service standards
- Within established efficiency and quality standards
- Provide exceptional customer service with agents and other company support positions via written correspondence.
- Develop underwriting expertise by building technical knowledge through learning and development activities.
- Implement underwriting decisions in compliance with state laws and company guidelines
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate or GED required, some college preferred
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in the personal lines insurance field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of prevalent industry computer software (Microsoft Office, etc)
- Florida Insurance License (4-40 or 20-44) required
- Agency CSR experience preferred
- Problem Solving: Identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner, developing solutions, working well in team environment to problem-solve
- Judgment: Reaching sound conclusions by evaluating data and options for action.
- Communication: Communicating clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations, both orally and written
- Organization: Organizing work and prioritizing tasks