Reviews, evaluates, and rates insurance applications. Determines eligibility of risks when compared to guidelines of programs available. Evaluates the degree of risk involved and determine appropriate course(s) of action. Participates in surveys and studies to produce production and loss analysis reports as required.
- Reviews applications for insurance coverage, reports from loss control consultants and other information to determine if application is acceptable for the program(s) available.
- Evaluate the experience of a risk under review.
- Evaluate the loss potential due to catastrophe, severity, and/or frequency.
- May rate policies or check previously rated policies for proper rating.
- Utilizes knowledge of available systems to develop information for new or renewal policies.
- Answers questions from agents, policyholders, or prospects.
- Accepts and binds insurance within underwriting authority.
- Assists agents with comments or questions about applications and the likelihood of acceptance by the company.
- Reviews requests for cancellation, endorsements, etc.
- Reviews policies for renewal consideration.
- Requests additional documentation necessary for the processing of an application, endorsement or cancellation.
- Participates in agency management activities, including building, maintaining and managing producer and customer relationships.
- Collaborate within the underwriters group, and with operations, claims and marketing.
- Communicates with co-workers, management, clients, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- Maintains the integrity of the company and products offered by complying with federal and state regulations as well as company policies and procedures
- Associate’s Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 4-40, 2-20 or 20-44PL Licensure preferred; must be willing and able to ascertain certification within 1 year.
- One year property and casualty agency or company experience required; prior exposure to insurance underwriting type activities strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of departmental regulations and policies and standard accepted underwriting practices.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products required; internet research tools preferred.
- Demonstrated customer service focus / superior customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact on a professional level with internal and external personnel
- Resourceful and skilled in gaining consensus to solve problems
- Results driven with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment; and manages changing priorities effectively.
- Detail-oriented and exceptionally organized
- Collaborative partner; ability to contribute to a positive work environment.