Service Center Representative #8196078
- To expedite the claims application process; to ensure correct case assignment; and to act as a customer liaison in assisting the customer with the correct contact person to resolve problems and/or questions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as primary liaison with customer in solving problems related to the application process and service.
- Communicates clearly and professionally with the customer by telephone and/or written correspondence regarding all aspects of claims process.
- Educates and informs the customer by telephone, written correspondence and/or the claims system about the documentation required to process a claim, required time frames, payment information and claim status.
- Enters verbal and written application information that meets both the internal and external customer’ s requirements accurately into the claims management system.
- Assigns new claims to the appropriate claims handler.
- Directs customer calls to the correct person at all locations.
- Participates in and maintains a quality service culture within the Customer Service Team.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s). The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking