• Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering.
• Specialization in trauma biomechanics;
• Experience with full-scale crash testing;
• Accident reconstruction experience, or related coursework;
• Understanding of Anthropomorphic Test Device (ATD);
• Experience with data acquisition / post-processing crash data;
• Accident Reconstruction (Other/Passenger Vehicles, Testing), Biomechanical (Brain Injury, Fatality, Human Factors, Low Speed Impact, Orthopedic, Spinal Cord Injury), Crashworthiness (Seat, Seat Belt & Airbag, Testing) and Failure Analysis (Transportation, Workplace).
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, fax machines and filing cabinets. This is largely a sedentary role; however, it may require some bending and light to moderate lifting. Additional infrequent demands include working use of cameras and video cameras. May be asked to serve as a fitcheck surrogate as well as climb in/around vehicles/structures. When traveling on inspections or working in a testing environment, may encounter extreme temperatures.
Annual performance appraisal for Senior Biomechanist (Expert).
Attainment of annual goals established between manager and employee.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.