The Estimator will report directly to the Operations Manager or the President. The position of Estimator is primarily accountable for writing accurate estimates and signing projects. Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
- Writing accurate and profitable estimates. Estimates are expected to encompass the complete scope of work and be written to achieve a 41% minimum gross margin for the structural estimates.
- Produce accurate and profitable estimates in a timely manner.
- Include sketch in all estimates
- Estimators must get the Repair Authorization, NOC, draw schedule and scope of work signed by the customer.
- Produce supplements on as needed basis per the supplement guidelines
- Assist production with change orders as needed
- If a change order is known at the time of signing, the estimator must create this initial change order
- Obtain agreement with providers for all estimates
- Attend all company meetings and functions as needed
- Follow all rules for Vendor Repair Programs
- Must maintain and update daily notes in all company required programs and Vendor Programs
- Return all phone calls and emails within one business day
- Communicate withproduction
- If, at the time of signing the project, the estimator is aware engineering is necessary, the estimator will begin the process of working with theengineer
- Must photo document the project during the initial visit. These photos need to be downloaded to the F Drive and Solitaire.
- 2 years outside estimating experience in the insurance restoration industry
- Must be proficient in Xactimate estimating software…Knowledge in Symbility estimating software is a plus
- We perform background checks and drug tests on all candidates