- To develop, implement, and manage product or service acquisition and supply management strategies that drive increased value for internal clients in terms of reduced costs, improved quality, service, technology and processes.
- Draft and negotiate complex agreements including licenses, maintenance agreements, non-disclosure agreements, master services agreements, statements of work and service level agreements for products and/or services according to department and Corporate Legal guidelines and templates.
- Interface effectively with key stakeholder senior management and staff to understand and support their acquisition requirements and timelines and to ensure that the Acquisition Stage Gate process is followed.
- Collaborate with Corporate Legal concerning negotiation and contract strategies and priorities.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining strong partnerships with key suppliers and possessing a high-level awareness of all such suppliers' business.
- Perform or direct research regarding industry trends, products, pricing and tools.
- Conduct lease v. Buy analysis of major purchases to determine most economical method of acquisitions.
- Participates in complex contract negotiations; leads negotiation of any terms and conditions which have financial impact, i.e. pricing model, payment terms, etc.; may lead negotiation of other contract terms and conditions; manage multiple contract negotiations interfacing with numerous internal departments.
- Performs research or directs research of lower level incumbents on industry trends, products, pricing and tools, including preparation and managing of RFx documents and evaluating supplier responses; ensuring selected supplier background checks are clear and developing complex to highly complex financial reports and models; completing financial analyses to support savings documentation and financial due diligence.
- Presents analyses, recommendations and results to senior management. Communicates negotiation objectives, scope, strategy and direction to negotiation team.
- Develops and manages relationship with assigned key suppliers to sustain thorough knowledge of current activity and prospective business opportunities. Establish annual objectives for contract supplier performance product pricing, quality, technological support where necessary, best practices and Minority supplier commitment. Facilitates supplier meetings and reviews. Ensures contract terms and service levels are being adhered to. Conducts supplier audits.
- Manages vendor interface with internal customers to implement internal change processes.
- Develops and implements standards, processes and procedures pertaining to the procurement of product categories and services as they relate to business practices. Participates on internal committees and taskforces in order to provide information and advice on business, financial and licensing issues pertaining to technology acquisitions.