MRP Coordinator- Field Claim Coordinator-Broward Co/Miami-Dade
Boca Raton, FL
I look for candidates that have experience with making coverage decisions. Not just recommendations to a carrier, but actual authority to make the decision – like our examiners.
I’ m also looking for experience in the field. The MRP CC position requires regular field inspections and they need to be comfortable in that arena.
Additionally, I look for construction knowledge. It can come from direct construction industry experience or from multiple years of property claims field adjusting.
Some issues with candidates I’ ve seen include:
- Lack of field adjusting – desk adjusters, CSR
- Not enough adjusting Homeowners/Commercial Property. (they say “ property”, but are referencing auto)
- Little to no experience with policy interpretation for coverage decision authority
- Heavy on CAT adjusting, which is task assignment oriented (inspections & estimates with no further claim involvement)
The MRP CC will need to determine coverage, review others’ reports & estimates, conduct field inspections, work in Xactimate, generally understand home construction and have good oral & written communication with a positive personal presence (for field visits).
We have an exciting opportunity in Broward/Miami Dade counties for an experienced homeowner’ s property claims adjuster that is looking for build upon their experience and assist customers with claims that are part of our Managed Repair Program (MRP). The position title is Field Claims Coordinator.
The Claims Coordinator will take over the handling of claims submitted by field adjusters to the Managed Repair Program (MRP). Once a claim is accepted into the program for repairs, the Claims Coordinator will continue to monitor and assist the insured until all repairs are completed.
- Review claims submitted by field adjusters for MRP intake to accept or decline. Upon acceptance, take over the claim and act as main point of contact for Insureds (or their representatives), MRP Contractors and others
- Maintain weekly communication with the insureds (or their representatives) while claim is open pending work authorization to have MRP Contractors proceed with repairs
- Attend inspections with MRP Contractors to verify scope of damage, address questions with insureds (or their representatives)
- Review additions to estimates submitted by MRP contractors while claim is open, verify damage is applicable to the loss and process for payment
- Obtain appropriate work authorizations and Certificate of Completion/Satisfaction on completed MRP claims, along with any other documentation needed, to conclude claim
- Prepare and send letters, payment letters, and partial or full denial letters for non-compliance with conditions of policy (for MRP)
- Review supplemental estimates submitted by MRP Contractor while loss location repairs are underway, verify damage is applicable to the loss, approve additional work to be done and process for payment
- Perform re-inspections while loss location repairs underway and/or after Certificate of Completion/Satisfaction obtained.
- Verify work completed by MRP Contractor
- Direct communication with MRP vendors, insureds (and their representatives) to address questions and resolve problems that arise
- Prepare claim files for closure and submitted to accounting
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- May have opportunity to work extended hours to aid in the event of a Catastrophe (CAT)