Homeowners Claims Examiner
Boca Raton, FL
• Reviews open claim files and provides direction to Adjusters to ensure the claim investigation is appropriate based on facts of loss. Assures that claim files are being handled per departmental and statutory guidelines.
• Responds to inquiries from Adjusters and Independent firm's management and works together to address their coverage questions. As needed, authorizes use of experts as part of the claim investigation.
• Reviews reports and claim file documentation to make sure the Adjuster is timely in claim handling, adjuster has kept insured current on claim status, and that adjuster is actively moving claim to conclusion. Upon final examination makes sure all information, including adjuster's estimates, appropriately address scope of damage and supports claim coverage decisions/payments.
• Communicates with customers, public adjusters and/or attorneys to explain the coverage decision and settlement prior to submitting claim to accounting for payment processing and closure.
• Reviews drafts of letters prepared by Adjusters for accuracy and completeness; makes corrections as needed.
• Responds to customers and their representatives claim inquiries and/or correspondence received; reconciles issues and/or directs Adjusters when further claim handling is needed.
• Works closely with other claim team members and other departments
• High School diploma required; college degree preferred.
• Must have an active Florida adjuster's license.
• Five (5) years of homeowner's 1st party claims adjusting experience required; homeowner's claim handling field experience preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience working with customers and providing outstanding service.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Knowledge of property insurance policy and coverage analysis.
• Must be able to work under deadlines.
• Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Strong estimating skills and experience; knowledge with Xactimate.
The Claim Examiner is a full-time, salaried, employee position that will work in our office at Boca Raton, FL. Local Candidates Preferred. No relocation benefits provided.
We are looking for STARS to be part of our team and offer outstanding service to our customers.