Altamonte Springs, FL 32716
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meets with homeowners and property managers in the field.
- Writes scope of repair and cost estimates on assigned properties.
- Consistently communicates job status, location with company.
- Perform detailed inspections on property to determine value, factoring in dates, quality and age of property.
- Inspect areas that might have been missed by carrier/independent adjuster.
- Use data such as incorporating cost, market and income approaches to property valuation.
- Correctly identify discrepancies between the property’s description and its actual state.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze a problem coherently and provide precautionary advice.
- Work on a client-to-client basis, making appraisals for a variety of reasons.
- Compare value of property to comparative property to determine appraisal value.
- Perform other duties as assigned that may include, but are not limited to, providing estimating support, scene investigations, recorded statement, photos, research, marketing, or back up support for other areas within the organization.
- Travel will be required
Education / Licensing:
- Experience in Construction, and/or claims related field a plus
- Bilingual abilities (Spanish) a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Required Certifications/Licenses
- Contractor’s License preferred.
- 2-4 years of experience in the field or related area.
- Advanced knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (Microsoft Office platform).
- Must be available 24 hours/7 days a week for emergency claims.
- Must have safe driving records and pass MVR report (Company car may be provided).
- Requires working outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
- Requires ability to climb on ladders and roofs.
- Requires long period of sitting.