Customer Service/Call Center
Assigns incoming claims to the appropriate claims representative based on established protocols. Provides administrative and clerical including data entry, and mail processing support to the Claim Representatives.
- Provides primary support to Claim Inquiry telephone calls and backs up Customer Service call center.
- Reviews incoming claims and assigns to the designated representative and/or independent adjusting firms as required based on established protocols.
- Receives and distributes incoming mail and processes the outgoing mail, including attaching all documents (letters, invoices) submitted by the claim representatives to the requested check.
- Accurately and thoroughly maintains the Claim assignment spread sheet with all claims assignments.
- Assists with the collection and updates of all claim documentation.
- Keeps Manager informed verbally and in writing of activities and problems within assigned area of responsibility; refers matters beyond limits of authority and expertise to Manager for direction.
- Provides updates and responds to inquiries and requests for information from management and staff as requested.
- Provides administrative and clerical support (filing, answering phone calls, scanning, etc.)
- Communicates with co-workers, management, clients, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe operations as needed to include working significant overtime during designated CATs.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- Maintains the integrity of the company and products offered by complying with federal and state regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required; Associate’s Degree preferred. A combination of education and significant directly related experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- One year experience in Claims or Customer Service area; in the property and casualty segment preferred.
- Ability to proofread documents for correctness, responds to inquiries, and is able to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to empathize with, actively listen to, and deal sensitively and professionally with customers, many of whom are experiencing the stress of a claim situation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products required; internet research tools preferred.
- Demonstrated customer service focus / superior customer service skills.
- Bilingual is a plus