The controller position manages the accounting department providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist management, and other users in making educated economic decisions about the company's future.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversee the activities of the accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits and annual budgets.
2. Prevent inaccuracies in financial statements by setting up internal control systems and adopting proper policies for financial reporting.
3. Reviewing financial data to ensure fairness and completeness of data.
- Perform WIP (Work in Progress) adjustments.
- Oversee the activities of the disbursement department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports, cash control, core payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
- Oversee the activities of the accounts receivable department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, etc; funding service management, which includes weekly funding reports and customer service; quarter and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports; and check statistic management.
7. Oversee the company’ s monthly, quarterly, and yearly closing task / reports.
8. Conducting account reconciliations and analysis.
9. Management of in-house payroll, W-2’ s, 1099’ s, monthly, quarterly and annual tax reporting compliance.
- Work with tax account to assure corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company's value.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
15. Manage and develop the accounting department staff, conducting regular performance reviews and assessing and administering training needs.
16. Assist the company owners in the direction of the accounting functions of the organization.
17. Present various accounting reports to the management / ownership team and making suitable observations and recommendations.
18. Develop proper operational, data documentation, and troubleshooting procedures.
19. Liaison with accounting software, system vendors, consultants, and sales points.
20. Manage hardware as well as software applications of the system.
21. Implementation and upgrading of current systems and processes related to accounting.
22. Oversee the front desk staff and responsibilities.
- Time Management.
- Financial Management.
- Technical Capacity.
- Performance Management.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Team Oriented.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Deadline Oriented.
This position is responsible for managing the accounting department and the front desk and is responsible for interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems. Work Environment
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and postage machines. Physical Demands
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 a.M. To 5 p.M. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA certification.
3. 4+ years public or private accounting experience in construction industry.
- Three plus years of management experience.
2. Experience with in-house payroll.
3. Practical training or experience in an Audit or CPA firm preferred.
4. Proficient skills with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Outlook, and Excel.
5. Advanced skills with accounting software, especially QuickBooks.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
1. Must be able to pass a background check and drug test. Other Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Compensation & Benefits
· Compensation: $80, 000-$100, 000 per year package depending on experience and qualifications.
· PTO: major holidays, sick/personal days, vacation.
· Eligible for health benefits the first of the month following 60 days of full-time employment.
· Eligible for company paid life insurance and long-term disability the first of the month following 60 days.
· K/profit sharing plan first eligible quarter after 1 year of employment.