Boca Raton, FL
Responsible for the supervision and direction in the handling of homeowner claims. Create and direct workflows and procedures to ensure claim handling is in accordance with department guidelines and industry standards.
Manage, supervise, coach and direct staff members including all aspects of the employment lifecycle; interview, selection, evaluation and performance of team members, in accordance with company guidelines.
Manage and coordinate independent field and desk adjusters in the handling of claims assigned.
Develop and communicate a strategic vision and set priorities that are aligned with claims handling procedures.
Ensure claims are appropriately investigated in accordance with department guidelines, company policies, and state statutes.
Motivate and develop team members to provide excellence in claims customer service.
Oversee individual and team productivity, providing coaching and direction as needed.
Handle and resolve inquiries and escalated issues involving insureds, their representatives, Agents, vendors, and/or others.
Direct outside experts (engineers, cause an origin experts, master plumbers, etc.) through field adjusters or directly, as required.
Prepare claims reporting regarding results achieved and provide information to senior claims management.
participate in claims division meetings, provide claims data, and support the development of partnerships across the organizations.
Develop strategies and provide suggestions for leadership to improve workflows and enhance productivity and efficiency of the claims handling processes.
Contribute to the development and implementation of a CAT response plan for the company.
Required to work extended hours in the event of a Catastrophe (CAT).
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Florida licensed All-Lines adjuster (520)
- 7+ years of homeowner’s property claim field experience
- 5+ years of management experience required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of independent adjusters
- Excellent time management, organizational and customer service skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Knowledge and experience working with Xactimate estimating program
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, effectively handle and prioritize multiple projects/task in order to meet deadlines
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills