VP of Claims Management
To assist with the maintenance of the day-to-day claims processes and work with our clients/Insurers/TPAs/Managers to improve the efficiency, accuracy and capacity for claim processing
- Responsible for coordinating, processing and handling of claims/loss notices/incident reports received by the company.
- Review/Prepare Accord forms/Loss notices
- Contact clients or other involved parties to obtain any missing relevant information for claim set up and reporting
- Forward Accord forms to insurance carriers/third party administrators/risk managers/independent adjusters/claim managers
- Prepare/Set up internal claim files with reporting/distribution to Claim Managers
- Update claim files on a regular basis with relevant claim information, such as assigned adjuster name/contact info/claim no, etc.
- Review claim files for potential closure as directed by claim managers
- Respond to daily claims procedure inquiries as well as individual claim questions from clients, adjusters, agents, etc.
- Assist claim managers with reporting requests/acknowledgments/letters/reports/spreadsheets as needed
- Ensure Claim Contact list updated with current contact names/phone numbers, e-mails, etc.
- Assist with any Audits/Ad hoc projects as needed
Minimum Essential Requirements:
o Must obtain a Florida state adjuster license (620) within 6 months
oHigh School Diploma or equivalency
o 1-2 years claims/insurance experience preferred
oStrong organizational skills and strong ability to multi-task
oAdvanced knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and Excel
Essential Mental Functions:
· Ability to understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
· Ability to talk to others to convey information effectively
· Ability to choose the right mathematical method or formula to solve a problem
· The ability to listen to and understand the information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
· Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths, and weaknesses of alterative solutions, conclusions or approaches to a problem
· Ability to analyze and evaluate results to choose the best solutions and solve problems on complex issues
· Ability to assess the value, importance or quality of things or people
· Ability to pay attention to detail
· Ability to prioritize
· Ability to handle stress of short time constraints
Essential Physical Functions:
· Ability to occasionally lift at least 10lbs.
· Ability to sit/work at a computer for extended periods of time
Equipment Used Telephone
· Computer/printer; MS Outlook; Applied – Epic Software
· Fax/ Copy/ Scanner
· 10 key Calculator
· Ability to work independently or in a team environment
· Ability to work in a constantly changing environment
· Maintain acceptable standards with respect to company attendance policy
· All other duties as assigned